How to Create Your Own Sizzling Hot Products From PLR Downloads!
Preparation To Create Your Own Products From PLR
- Narrow your focus. One of the most difficult steps of to create your own products from PLR is figuring out what the eBook, training course or software is going to be about. Avoid the common mistake trying to cover everything about a topic or particular subject. When you do this, you will come up with a product that generally doesn’t help anyone.
So instead, you want to narrow your focus as much as possible. For example, instead of “How to lose weight” which is just too broad, you might narrow it down to “How to lose weight for pregnant women.” And you could narrow it even further to something like, “How to lose weight for pregnant women in the first weeks after birth” now that’s specific and highly marketable.
When you create your own products from PLR don’t worry that you’re being too specific – any wanting to lose weight is likely to pick this book up, including the mothers to be or even mothers with young children..
- You are Going to be the expert. Yes, really. The moment you create your own products from PLR, or even THINK about creating your new product, a gremlin is going to sit down on your shoulder and tell you that you do not know enough. You’re not an expert. There are people who know more about the topic than you. And so on.
Well that’s true….There probably ARE people who know the topic better than you, and online that is already par for the course. But: Good news: So what? If you know the topic better than 95% of people out there, you are an expert in the eyes of 95% of people. Now you just need to wrap your head around that and dive in. Best of ll the PLR product already has most of the information and all you need to do is modify that after all to suit your own idea…
TIP: How to boost your confidence: Research the internet article directories and relevant websites too. Fill in the gaps, find out what you don’t know, and learn enough to know more than 96% or 97% of other people. You don’t need to be the world’s foremost expert on your topic to create an info product on it, you just need to know more than most and be willing to research to find the facts and figures you don’t already have.
And thanks to the Internet, research is easy and you may just be looking for additional facts to add to your product after all for the niche you are modifying it for…. Just be sure of your sources – you don’t want to give any false info to your customers.
- The giant step to create your own products from PLR. Now it’s time to take a giant leap forward in your progress. You have the PLR product in hand and in fact, what you do right now will save you time and make the product better, more attractive easier to read, meeting current trends etc… so plan to invest real effort into this.
You’re going to create a DETAILED product outline using the material you already have. Think of your outline as the road map for your info product, ad what sections you are going to modify to suit your new niche, and it will keep you from getting stalled or going in the wrong direction in creating your product.
While you create your own products from PLR add your outline in with just as much detail as possible looking at the current contents section and chapter headings, topics, subtopics, etc. If you’ve got pictures or videos to add, you must make a note of where they will go in the current paragraphs. If you find the order of the PLR product chapters or sections isn’t right, simply rearrange them until they make sense. The more effort you put into this outline, the easier the entire rest of the process will be for you.
When you find yourself getting stuck, stop stressing and just start writing additional content to meet the new niche you have planned around the current product. You already have a good idea of what your own additional information will cover – you just need to get it down on paper and in the right order adding it to relevant information in the chapters you have. And the way to do that is start writing, rearranging and adding info until you’re completely satisfied. When you are, set it aside and go do something else for the rest of the day.
- Editing when you create your own products from PLR – better perspective. Now that you’ve got your outline information and what you are ready to add to the plr, you know where you’re going and you know how to get there. But guess what? You likely forgot something. Editing it with the perspective that you are the customer… What does your customer need or want that you forgot to include? Fill it in.
…Fill in the holes, expand sections if needed, and see if you’re inspired to add anything new, or to even change the heading or focus on certain sections. You’re fine-tuning your product so that it’s the absolute best it can be.
The ultimate result is that the PLR has now become YOUR UNIQUE product. So don’t think that just because a book on Amazon has a chapter you don’t have that it means you must include it in your eBook. Use your discretion and stay true to the focus of your product.
- Be one-of-a-kind. There are a ton of PLR information products out there – a TON. So here’s the big question – what is going to make your info product unique when create your own products from PLR? It’s a two-fold answer, and I can even give you the first half – your product is going to be unique because it’s created by YOU. And I just happen to know that you are the only “you” in the entire universe.
That’s why it’s vital that you modify the PLR product to convey your uniqueness. Your message, your style, your very essence should permeate through the product, whether it’s written, audio, video or whatever. Do not sound like everyone else and above all don’t come across as the latest robotic talking head.
Instead, imagine you’re sitting at the kitchen table explaining this topic to your friend over coffee. That’s what you’re going for. Are you funny? Then be funny. Are you dramatic? Then be dramatic. Whatever you are when you are being yourself, that’s the voice you want to use in creating your product.
The second half of what makes your PLR product become unique is going to be by design – it’s your angle, your hook, or your unique selling proposition (those are all pretty much the same thing.)
Decide what it is that makes your info product different from any other info product on this particular topic. We actually hit on an example of this earlier when talking about the weight loss product – “How to lose weight for mums after birth.” Your angle is that you’re teaching mums how to lose weight and not the general female population.
Choosing your angle is vital to making a product that stands apart from all the rest and grabs people’s attention, so spend some time on this. And be sure you write it down and keep it in front of you as you continue this process. From time to time check in with yourself and see if you are sticking to your USP.
…And also make sure you’re giving your product your own unique brand of “you” as well.
- When you create your own products from PLR Pick a number. Stick to it. At this point you might be thinking the hard part is over, you’ve got this licked, and your product is practically created. Nothing could be further from the truth.
It’s the false sense of security we get from having made a start that often derails us. Sure, we’ll get to it. Maybe we’ll work on it later today. Which becomes tomorrow. Which becomes next week and then maybe never.
That’s why you’re going to pick a number and make a schedule. And above all, you’re going to stick to your schedule, no matter what. Tell yourself that. Make a pact. Write it down. Tell your family you won’t be available during your scheduled writing times. And when it’s time to write (or record video, or whatever) then do it. You need to know when you are going to launch our new product…
So what’s the number for? It’s how many days you’re going to work on creating your product. Using PLR products makes it easy and with practice you can do one per day…While starting out….If you can do it in five days, that’s terrific. If you need 10, then so be it. But try to choose a number no larger than 14. No matter what your info product is, odds are it can be done in 14 days or less, or your topic is probably not as narrow and focused as it should be.
Section 2 – Creating Your Product: Putting it all together
- No matter what the PLR has: Give A Smashing Introduction of your own. You can write your product introduction first thing, or wait until the product is finished and rewrite it then, whichever works better for you. Here’s what I want you to know – your introduction sets the tone for the product. It’s really the “after purchase sales letter” for your product, what people read after they make the purchase but before they begin chapter 1 (or video 1, or whatever.)
You want to give facts…value…accuracy…compelling information!. In fact your first paragraph of your introduction should be so on-fire compelling that no one could stop reading after that paragraph. And your entire intro should sell the customer on devouring every morsel of your product, much like a movie trailer sells the viewer on watching the movie.
Now you might be asking, “Why?” They’ve bought the product, so why should I care if they actually consume it? Three reasons: First, if they don’t read it, they’re more likely to regret their purchase and request a refund. Also, by selling them in the intro on how this product is going to change their lives for the better, you are reinforcing how smart they were to purchase the product in the first place, again reducing your refund rate.
The second reason for writing a great intro is even more important – if they consume your product and love it, what’s going to happen? They’re going to become die-hard customers. They’re going to open your emails because they want to know what you have to say. And they’re going to buy your future products because they know you deliver great value.
And the third reason is because you never know which of your new customers may also be your next great affiliate if you deliver the goods. The better your product, the more affiliates will want to promote it to their customer list, the more sales you make and the more new customers you have on your mailing list.
So whether you write your introduction before you create your product to set the tone for the whole work, or you wait until the end of your product creation and write it then, make sure that introduction is a great one.
- Use headlines liberally. Web users tend to read about 25% of what’s on a web page and about 50% of what’s in an eBook or e-course. Contrast that with over 90% of headlines and subheads being read, and you know exactly how to capture someone’s attention: Use headlines and lots of sub-headlines.
You can write these as you’re working on your project or at the end, it doesn’t matter. What’s important is that your headlines and subheads are compelling and draw the reader into reading further, or the video watcher into watching your video all the way through.
- Tell stories. Whenever possible, illustrate your points through storytelling. In fact, it’s a good idea to go through your outline and look for places you can use stories to get your points across. People love stories and actually have a much easier time remembering your points if they’re encapsulated within a story. The original PLR product itself may be robotic but this is where you come in…
- Cast aside your worries when you create your own products from PLR. Sometime in the creation process you’re going to be revisited by the gremlin on your shoulder, telling you that you are no expert and have no business creating this info product. You may think the PLR product itself is already tip top, but you still need to make it your own unique product for the best results…
What are some useful guidelines in this case?
Here’s one tip: Open up a newspaper or go online to a news site and look at the people in the news stories. As you look at each person or read their name, ask yourself – does this person know what I know about “X?” In almost every case the answer is a resounding “no.” See? You are an expert, you know more than 97% of people out there on your topic, and you need to stop doubting yourself and just get back to work.
- Remember to follow your own ideas you have for your product making it something special. If you find yourself diverging from the outline, change the outline to see if your new track is going to work. If it’s not, go back to the original outline.
Let’s say you have bought a PLR product about how to grow organic vegetables on tiny pieces of land. You find yourself writing an additional unexpected chapter on a method that isn’t compatible with organic gardening – does it fit in your outline, does it add value…will it make the product special?
- Add graphics, pictures and illustrations anywhere it will help to illustrate what you’re teaching in your product. Many PLR products don’t even have decent graphics so you can make your product super attractive this way…It’s also just easier for people to learn when they can see what you’re talking about. Plus a good visual works just like a headline, in that it grabs attention and gets people reading. So don’t be afraid to use plenty of visuals so long as each one helps in conveying what you want to say.
- Edit your product. If you can, when you’re done writing you should set it aside for 24 – 48 hours and then come back and edit it. As you read it, look for anything that might be difficult to understand and either reword it or elaborate on the point to make it crystal clear. Any language that is confusing should be eliminated. And if you’ve found that you rambled on about something irrelevant, by all means get rid of it.
Tips for editing: Imagine you’re the intended audience reading your work for the first time. Would the reader understand what you’re saying? Would they be riveted or bored? Is there stuff missing?
Trim long sentences to 25 words or less. Lose the long words and phrases and replace them with short, to the point words. Break up your text into small, manageable pieces with spaces in between.
- Choose a easy to navigate layout for your product including contents and clickable links to enhance reading pleasure.
- Go into Beta. That is, choose a small handful of people to show your book to, and get their feedback. family are good because they will be the most critical.Also do another read-through and look for typos and changes you want to make. Make any changes you want based on the feedback.
- Sit back. Relax. You’re just created a killer info product from a PLR download and with some practice you will be churning out the hottest products people WANT to by in the future.
- Don’t relax for long – now it’s time to get it into the marketplace and seek out new PLR products and if possible these on niches and subjects you are passionate about. Re-Write your sales letters, add bonuses, contact affiliates, email your list – you know the drill.
- Rinse and repeat. Every time you create your own products from PLR it should get a little bit easier because you’ve done it before. In fact, don’t be surprised if product ideas start popping up everywhere – you are, after all, now a professional product creator!